Alexander Owen Architecture + Interiors is an award winning design studio and creative agency with a simple passion – to shape experience by design.
Alexander Owen have a passion for delivering engaging, intelligent architecture and immersive experiences, and firmly believe that great design can enhance everyday life.
Since establishing Alexander Owen they have built a solid reputation in the residential market and have achieved numerous articles in national media publications as well as a number of accolades including London’s very first EnerPHit Accreditation; a Green Build Winner Award; presenting their work at the RIBA headquaters; a Home Building and Renovation Awards Shortlisting; multiple NLA Don’t Move Improve Awards Shortlistings; and a Best of Pinterest Interior Awards Runner Up Award.
Their work has also found it’s way into and/or onto BBC Television, London Live Television, The Observer, Dezeen, The Architects Journal, Living Etc, Grand Designs, Real Homes, and Passive House+ Magazines.
AO have also recently won a number of exciting commercial projects for brands such as Peckham Levels, Conde Nast, Mindshare, Planet of The Grapes, and Reprezent Radio.
“Having won such wide-ranging, dynamic and creative commissions has been a really exciting time for us. And whilst we are not currently advertising or marketing ourselves as such, we would seek to firmly establish ourselves as a creative agency for temporary / semi-permanent brand environments and immersive consumer experiences.
We will of course continue to follow our passion for designing bespoke homes, however ’all the world’s a stage’ and so becoming a well-respected creative agency for both beautifully tailored homes as well as incredibly engaging and immersive experiences, is a vision we are committed to and are working hard to fulfil.”
The principle team is made up of 2 ambitious old friends – Richard [Alexander] Bridges and James [Owen] Webster.
“We met at school and grew up together so we share common values, but importantly we bring different skills to the table. Most importantly for our business and clients though, we share a desire to pursue quality and excellence through our work. These are the things that clients benefit from most when they commission us.”
- Mindshare – AO produced a ‘pitch theatre’ stage set for Mindshare the global media agency in Piano’s Central St Giles for a pitch to Carlsberg. This was built within an incredibly tight budget and timeline over a series of 3 night-time builds whilst the office was empty. For this project they collaborated with the Brazilian digital artist Bernardo Varela, to deliver a fully immersive stage set for Mindshare’s pitch for Carlsberg’s Digital Media account.
- Planet of The Grapes – AO achieved Change of Use, Listed Building, as well as Building Control consents for the fit out of a wine bar inside the historic Fox Umbrella store in The City of London.
- Conde Nast – AO recently produced a feasibility study for the redevelopment of the top floor of Vogue House for Conde Nast in order to optimise their staffing needs and cater for the expansion of their digital department.
- Reprezent Radio – AO recently worked with Reprezent on a feasibility study for a new Peckham-Based warehouse location to provide educational space as well as recording and live broadcasting booths.
- Peckham Levels – Make Shift commissioned AO to develop an internal way-finding system for the newly opened Peckham Levels development. Their public staircase which forms the first part of the way-finding installation was awarded Runner Up for Best Interior Design at the Pinterest Awards 2018, as part of Carl Turner’s overall development of the disused car park which won Runner Up in the category of Best Architecture.
Quite simply, we love Peckham and we live here…and we like walking to work.
But of course, having the chance to become a part of an economic, social, and cultural experiment, as well as a platform and community such as Levels was too exciting to miss.
YOUR HOPES FOR PECKHAM LEVELS
We’d love to collaborate with other members as well as the local community on some creative projects…we are trying to get some off of the ground as we speak. Watch this space!