True crime and ‘street’ life. UWTV is a collaboration between ex-criminals, filmmakers and journalists to bring you news from the world of crime.
- To create groundbreaking content about crime with people who have been in that world.
- To bring new voices and perspectives into the mainstream.
- To subvert stereotypes and misconceptions.
- To make content which is relevant to a street audience as well as a mainstream audience.
- We believe that society benefits when everyone has a voice.
- We believe that everyone can be excellent given the right support.
- We never encourage wrongdoing but strive to understand it.
- We believe that people are capable of change.
With our unprecedented access to hard-to-reach people and stories, Underworld is in a unique position to develop TV and online content on all aspects of crime.
We are constantly developing new ideas with our creative team for broadcast on our website, TV, social media.
SCREENINGS WITH DISCUSSIONS
We screen our work in group sessions with people on both sides of the law to promote understanding. Please contact us if you’re interested in holding a screening.
CONSULTING SERVICES FOR DRAMA AND FACTUAL PRODUCTIONS
We work with other production companies to help them understand the subject of crime and find the right people to tell their stories in a truthful way.
Crime is our main subject but because our team includes people from a broad spectrum of economic and racial backgrounds, age and gender we can cover any subject from the point of view of a group not usually included in the media. Housing, food, health etc. – the UWTV team has a fresh way of looking at it.
MAKING CREATIVE CAREERS
We are always looking for fresh talent for our creative team. We understand that everyone needs support in certain areas, so we specialise in providing support for people with non-TV backgrounds to enable them to make top level content and have a career in the media industry. Please get in touch if you’re interested in joining us.